- The first appearance of an object seen in darkness or fog, esp. at sea.
- To indistinctly see the presence of something massive, imminent, and threatening.
- An apparatus for making fabric by weaving yarn or thread.
- An annual and independent literary and arts journal dedicated to celebrating moments of solace, transcendence, ecstatic revelation, and tranquility amidst chaos and collapse. It is dedicated to encouraging and aggregating moments of honesty addressing the fragility and temporality of existence while affirming our deep connection to the worlds beyond or beneath the phenomenal one.
- A soapbox for people to fearlessly say their last words to each other and the universe.
- A tiny room full of tinier doorways into the wilderness.
- A collection of maps penned by people staring up into the same night sky, and naming their own constellations.
Co-curated and published by Noel'le Longhaul and Jess X Chen, who are striving to come to terms with their own perishability and the temporality of the phenomenal world. They are trying to find and enlarge doorways into a better world with each map they make, each word they say/sing, and each moment they live.
A beginning of all these journeys, as the end is always looming.